GAME CHANGER OF THE YEAR
The winner of the 2019 Game Changer Award is Lake County YMCA.
The Lake County YMCA truly deserves the title of Game Changer for its construction of a new West End YMCA branch and how this building fits into a major development project in the city of Willoughby.
Recently the Lake County YMCA celebrated the opening of its new West End Y, which became part of the new Union Village in Willoughby. This development is comprised of the West End YMCA, the new David E. Anderson Senior Center — named for Willoughby’s former mayor — and the new South High School and Willoughby Middle School.
It’s also noteworthy that the Lake County YMCA launched a major capital campaign to build the new West End Y and create a stronger and healthier community for generations.
What makes someone worthy of the Game Changer Award?
Judging is based on the following criteria:
- Reside in or have a business located in Lake or Geauga County
- Be a cutting edge, forward thinking individual, business or business group that has “Changed the Conversation” resulting in casting Lake or Geauga County in a positive light
- Successfully completed one of the following:
- Improved or renovated a process
- Changed the delivery of service
- Demonstrated cutting edge thought in some aspect of technology or manufacturing
- Invented or created a new product
- Started a unique business to meet the need of our changing economy